Bicycle Rack InformationAll of our Fixed Route Buses are equipped with bicycle racks.
Can’t get to that special place on the bus? Bring your bike!
With the easy to follow instructions, you and your bike can go anywhere.
This step by step video shows important points for
“HOW TO USE A BIKE RACK.”
Each rack has decals with written directions, but here are a few pointers:
- Wait for the bus to come to a complete stop
- Always be sure the driver sees you and acknowledges you before loading and unloading your bike
- NEVER step out in front of the bus until you are sure the driver has acknowledged you are there
- For safety, always stay on the curb side or in front of the bus to use the rack - DO NOT step into traffic
- Remember to always remove any loose accessories from your bike before loading - tire pump, bottles, etc.
- Sounds silly, but please do not forget your bicycle - be sure the driver knows you want to get your bike before you get off the bus
- Each rack holds 2 bikes - You can load or unload from either position, even if there is a bicycle in the other position
- Load bike on the closest rack to the bus - inside slot - with the front wheel towards the door
- To use the front bike position, place the front wheel towards the driver
- Drivers are not permitted to assist, although they should be able to answer your questions
- Bicycles with wheels ranging in size from 16 inches to 29 inches – tires can be up to 2.35 inches wide – wheelbases may be up to 44 inches – Bicycle weights should not exceed 55 pounds, including any accessories – If your bicycle has panniers, they can be no more than 16 inches overall width, with 8 inch width on each side